Leuven, Belgium - April 16, 2004.
Hyperion Entertainment and the Amiga OS 4.0 development team are extremely pleased and relieved to announce that after nearly 30 months of painstaking development the Amiga OS 4.0 Developer Pre-release has gone gold and will be sent to the duplication plant on Monday, April 19, 2004.
The Amiga OS 4.0 Developer Pre-release consists of a current snapshot of AmigaOS 4.0 for the AmigaOne platform with a straightforward HTML installation guide in English, German, French and Italian as well as the Amiga OS 4.0 SDK.
The Amiga OS 4.0 SDK will allow near effortless migration of existing Amiga OS 3.x source-code to OS 4.0 as well as the creation of altogether new content.
The SDK comprises the following material:
- Complete Installer for easy and painless installation;
- GNU C Compiler 2.95.3;
- GNU C Compiler 3.4.0 RC 1;
- vbcc 0.8f;
- GNU GDB Source-Level Debugger;
- System Includes V 50;
- System Autodocs V 50;
- PDF Documentation on GNU C compilers and GNU Debugger;
- PDF Guide "Project Migration to AmigaOS 4.0";
- Example programs with source (among others: Reaction, expansion library, Roadshow, FFS2);
- Newlib.library (experimential, shared C library);
- CLIB2 source code.
Users will be able to register their copy at a soon-to-be-launched portal site which will offer Amiga OS 4.0 related content for download.
Hyperion Entertainment and the AmigaOS 4.0 development and beta-testing teams wish to thank all of you for your patience.
Amiga OS 4.0 (c) 2004 Hyperion Entertainment, developed under license from KMOS, Inc. All rights reserved. “Amiga” and associated trademarks are registered trademarks of Amiga, Inc.