This SDK enables third party developers to access all the enhancements and new features added in AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition including:
- New components such as btree.library, diffview.gadget, diskio.library and z.library.
- Unified graphics.library API with built-in RTG support as the original Amiga designers intended.
- Access to the new composited video feature.
- Extended memory which goes beyond the 4 GB memory barrier.
- New Unicode functions for handling UCS-4 and UTF-8 sequences.
- Next generation menu system in intuition.library via menuclass.
- Improved dos.library API.
- Extended and improved console.device API.
Additions and updates to the SDK itself include:
- Updated standard tools like autodoc, CatComp and grep.
- New FSTest and FSVPTool file system development tools.
- Updated clib2 alternative C standard library.
- MUI 4 SDK.
- Massively updated and improved perl 5 install.
- AutoDocViewer included.
- Updated MiniGL SDK for 3D applications.
Full autodocs and includes are, as always, included in the SDK along with some example code to get you going. All other developer and user documentation is available on the AmigaOS Documentation Wiki where you can create your own ROM Kernel Reference Manuals utilizing the familiar interface used by the mighty Wikipedia. Best effort technical support for the SDK is also available via Hyperion's support forum.
This SDK will be the minimum required to attend the upcoming Amiga DevCon 2015 in Sacramento, California, USA. The Amiga DevCon will include tutorials on how to use the new menuclass, composited video, extended memory, new console.device and more. Keep an eye on the AmiWest blog for the latest Amiga DevCon information.