Brussels, October 27, 2014
Hyperion Entertainment is pleased to announce the imminent availability of "AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition" for all supported platforms.
AmigaOS 4.1 was released in September of 2008 and has seen no less than 6 free major updates and at least 88 smaller updates released through AmiUpdate.
New functionality in AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition includes but is not limited to:
- Extended memory functionality (beneficial for all supported platforms even those platforms which cannot be equipped with more than 2GB)
- Most powerful console for AmigaOS
- New Intuition features
- New Workbench features
- Much improved DOS
- New unified graphics library with RTG support which allows for (current and future) very substantial general and platform specific performance optimizations e.g. through the use of on-chip DMA engines (present on recently released hardware going back to the Sam440)
- Updated Python port
- Installation graphics, new icons and back-drops by Martin Merz
- Countless minor updates, new other functionality and bug-fixes.
AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition requires NO previous version of AmigaOS 4.x and is a stand-alone product, quite possibly the most affordable version of AmigaOS ever to be released.
This now allows current users of AmigaOS 4.1 to install a complete original version of AmigaOS 4.1 without subsequently needing to download or apply 6 updates and countless minor updates.
Users are nevertheless recommended to register their copy of AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition on the Hyperion Entertainment website as this will be required for downloading possible future updates and bug fixes.
An updated SDK for developers which exposes all new OS functionality to developers, is being worked on.
Hyperion Entertainment wishes to thank all those developers and contributors who have furthered AmigaOS development over the years and especially those that have worked tirelessly on delivering "AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition" to customers before the end of 2014.
Our thanks go out to all of our supporters and loyal customers who can rest assured that work on AmigaOS 4.2 is ongoing apace albeit somewhat behind schedule due to the fact that substantial time had to be allocated for supporting new upcoming exciting hardware platforms. We appreciate your support!
AmigaOS Final Edition has gone gold and is in production at this time.
Suggested retail price is 29,95 EUR (SRP includes German VAT, may vary depending on your location).